Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. All opinions are mine alone. #StopPainNow #CollectiveBias
As someone with a bit of history as a fitness instructor and an athlete (olympic weightlifting), I have noticed that proper movement often creeps its way into other parts of life. When we pick something up or put it down, we are simply doing a deadlift or a squat, just like in the gym! The difference is, instead of a barbell, we’re doing it with household items, groceries, or even our kids. So, just as we are mindful of form in the gym, we should be just as careful in everyday life. This is especially vital for those of us suffering from chronic pain, or muscle pain from overuse.
Since being diagnosed with spondylolysis, or a pars defect, about 3 years ago, I’ve experienced chronic back pain. In short, the defect is a small fracture in my back that I do NOT want surgery on, as it would possibly limit my mobility for life! As a fitness lover, and also a mom who needs to be able to pick up babies, squatting with proper form and using Curamin® Stop Pain Now for pain management became my ways to ensure comfort. Because I’ve succeeded in both of these, I’m able to continue working out and chasing after my kids without a hitch.
I’d love to share with you how to perform a squat, as well as why I chose the award winning pain relief product, Curamin®. Let’s start with the squatting!
How to Perform the Perfect Squat
1. Stand with feet approximately shoulder width apart.
– You will likely need to point your toes outward slightly! You may even need to try a few different stances until finding what is perfect for you.
– At this point, remind yourself that both your legs AND core are involved here. Engage them as you prepare to move!
2. With heals planted firmly to the ground, bend at the knees and lower the hips. As you are bending, extend your arms in front of you. Try to reach parallel or below!
– Keep your chest up and your head and eyes facing forward. If you look down, your chest will drop, and you’ll increase the likelihood of falling forward. I often look at or just above my hands, once my arms are extended!
– The legs bend and the hips drop simultaneously. If you cannot get to the correct depth, it’s okay! When I say parallel, I am referring to your thigh being parallel with the ground. That depth or lower is the goal!
– Try your best not to let the knees wobble inward. If it happens, tell yourself to push your knees outward.
3. By pushing the heels into the ground, stand back up.
– Just as the legs bent and hips hinged at the same time on the way down, they will straighten simultaneously on the way up as well.
– Aside from your hamstrings, you should feel your glutes activate to send you up!
– You will bring your arms back to your side, ending in your original standing position.
Using Curamin® Stop Pain Now for Chronic Pain
As I mentioned before, I deal with chronic pain, yet like to continue working out and picking up my twin boys and our pup. After trying over-the-counter medications that only masked the pain, I searched for a better alternative. I chose Curamin® after learning that it is composed of clinically studied ingredients that have been proven safe for pain relief. The non-addictive herbal supplement has been voted #1 for pain relief and continues to build upon it’s 28 awards. Since it has helped hundreds of thousands of people world wide, it’s no surprise that it has helped me as well!
The combination of correct movement patterns with exercises like squatting and the use of Curamin® have been life savers. I encourage everyone to be aware of how their bodies are moving, and notice if you are lifting items incorrectly, causing unnecessary stress on your spine. Being aware of my body and finding a supplement that works have helped me to follow through with daily activities without any pain. Curamin® is available at fine health food stores nationwide. I pick mine up from the friendly staff at my local Fresh Thyme, but be sure to check out the store locator!